Ironically this post is a little late as I got off a 10 hour flight yesterday. Over my years of nannying I have found the tips below help when getting over jet lag myself and with the children I look after. I hope these help for any of you traveling this summer.
- Get lots of natural light by going outside as much as possible the first few days.
- Eat meals at the correct new time, don’t skip a meal even if you’re not very hungry. Instead just have a smaller portion.
- Set your watch to the new time when you get on the plane and try not to compare the two times after that.
- Hydration. Make sure you don’t forget to drink lots of water as flying is very dehydrating.
- Some say swimming is good for jet lag as well as walking barefoot on grass as it apparently helps ground the body.
- Keep to the children’s routine as much as possible when you arrive.
Do you have any top tips for jet lag yourself? Please leave a comment below!