Here at pocketnannies there are some changes ahead.. as Sarah is expecting her first baby, we’ll have some more baby related content, with the benefit of having that Mother’s view. As there are definitely many aspects of parenting that we don’t encounter as nannies.
We’ll still post as regularly as possible, but you might just have to bare with us. 🙂
Today we’re going to take a look at the Positive Birth Company’s Digital Pack.
I was interested in hypnobirthing as a friend told me about it when she had her first baby. However I feel there’s so much more to The Positive Birth Company than just hypnobirthing.
Siobhan Miller is a Hypnobirthing teacher, Mum of 3 boys and founder of the Positive Birth Company. Passionate about empowering women (and birth partners) to create positive birth experiences. On a mission to make hypnobirthing more accessible, because everyone deserves the best birth possible. Motivated to make a positive change in the world.
Siobhan set up The Positive Birth Company – “with the intention of bringing together birth workers and relevant practitioners in my local area to foster a community of women supporting women, both on a professional and personal level”. Click here to read more on her story as she tells it much better than I can!
It’s definitely gone from strength to strength, and the Digital Pack offers pregnant people the world’s most affordable and accessible hypnobirthing program.
So what’s included..?
- 6+ hours of video content (43 individual videos)
- 4x MP3s to download
- A course notes booklet in PDF format to download
- A birth preferences template to download and complete
- A sample copy of completed birth preferences to use for reference
- Access to a private Facebook group for support, advice and positive birth stories
Let me explain a little more – the video content is great. Siobhan talks through all of the stages of labour, the decisions you’ll have to make and all of the possibilities surrounding birth. I found the whole course incredibly informative.
The content is great to help to prepare you for birth – but the best bit is that having all that knowledge means you go into birth feeling less scared, which will help the birthing process significantly. Siobhan explains the the cycle of fear, tension and pain. And for me it was this video that made me realise that the more I know and the less scared I am about birth – the more relaxed I will feel.
The main things I have learnt from this course are:
- Our bodies were built to do this.
- Hypnobirthing isn’t airy fairy – there’s a lot of science behind it and it all makes so much sense.
- Rather than making a birth plan, we should make birth preferences – as things do change!
- Consider all options – as you may need to have a caesarean even if it’s not in your plan, there are still ways that you can tailor this experience to your own wishes.
I’ve definitely got to keep practicing the breathing aspect of the course. Having watched all of the videos I can honestly say I feel more confident in my decisions and that I will be able to do this! In fact (at least when writing this), I don’t feel scared.
I’d whole heartedly recommend the Positive Birth Company’s Digital Pack as well as their new app ‘Freya’.
Find out more here. Or feel free to get into contact and I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.