Back in 2016 we interviewed Bapn, you can read that post here, and today we’re talking about them again as they have a new managing director and are strengthening their levels of advice, support and representation they offer to their nannies. Bapn is already the leading nanny membership association UK wide, so why not become a member now to take advantage of all they can offer you in your career as a nanny.
BAPN is the membership organisation for professional nannies, dedicated to raising the professional profile of nannies and promoting quality childcare.
Why join BAPN?
As a BAPN member you will receive:
- Employment representation, support and advice. Unfortunately, at work, things can go wrong when you least expect it. We are there for you when difficult circumstances arise such as disciplinaries, sickness absence meetings, and requests for flexible working or other changes or adjustments to your contract. We can answer any questions you have regarding your employment rights and responsibilities. We work with you to find resolution to any issues between you and your employer before the working relationship has irretrievably broken down
- Discounted, preferential rates on essential products and services such as Public Liability Insurance
- FREE and / or heavily discounted certificated training opportunities UK wide with leading training providers. Enabling you to add to your professional portfolio
Online learning modules. These can be completed at a time to suit you
- FREE essential and downloadable resources, keeping you updated on current childcare practice and research
- FREE and / or heavily discounted conferences, seminars and webinars
- Social events allowing you to meet up with other nannies in your surrounding area
- A monthly newsletter
- Mentoring from experienced nannies
- A CV doctor service
- And much, much more. New member benefits are being added on a regular basis
Become a member here today.
BAPN is a not-for-profit organisation, all subscriptions received go towards providing member benefits and services, advice and representation.
Membership criteria and Fees 2019
Student Membership – FREE
If you are studying for a recognised UK childcare qualification you are eligible to become a student member of BAPN for the duration of your course.
Newly Qualified (In first Year of Employment) – £ 30.00
Newly qualified means has completed a recognised childcare / early years college based or on-line accredited course of one-year duration or more and is in the first year of paid employment.
This category offers a wealth of benefits to those nannies just entering the profession and includes access to FREE on-line continued professional development, mentoring from experienced nannies, CV doctor, employment advice, discounted professional indemnity insurance and so much more. We get your career off to a flying start.
Full Membership – £ 40.00
Full membership is offered to qualified nannies i.e. NVQ III or above in Early Years or equivalent. Our full membership is designed to give maximum benefits, advice and support (including personal representation). Full members gain access to our complete range of FREE and heavily discounted training / further training opportunities and downloadable resources, along with FREE entry to BAPN regional workshops, seminars and webinars – all designed to keep you up-to-date with your employment rights, childcare and early years practice.
Experienced (Non-Qualified) – £45.00
BAPN recognises longstanding commitment to the profession by nannies who for several reasons chose not to undergo formal childcare training when starting out on their career. We’ve created a membership package to enable you through your BAPN membership to gain recognition for the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired over many years. We provide non-qualified members with FREE and heavily discounted online CPD accredited training, weekend workshops, seminars and webinars.
Enhanced Membership – £ 50.00
Honorary membership is our Gold Star membership. Honorary members enjoy access to our complete array of member benefits, including exclusive one-off offers, FREE entry to BAPN National Conferences and other events representing BAPN along with our Directors and Senior Leadership Team.
Retired: £ 10.00 ……………………………………………
Member Benefits – Exclusive Offers & Benefits are being added regularly.
You can be confident that the savings you can make from your member benefits will more than cover your BAPN membership subscription fee.
www.bapn.org.uk Tel: 01332 239388 Info@bapn.org.uk