As nannies we are often making healthy fish fingers or chicken nuggets for our charges but we thought we’d share a home made fish finger reciepe with a twist and an extra crunch.
- 400g approx of cod or haddock
- 2 eggs
- Seasoned flour
- 200g polenta. Have some more spare incase it’s needed.
- Olive oil
– Between three cereal bowls, distribute the flour, eggs (whisked) and polenta.
– Slice the fish into inch thick fingers. Check for bones.
– Take a fish finger and cover it in flour, then egg and then polenta. Make sure each layer has a good covering. Put aside on a plate. Repeat process for the rest of the fish fingers.
– In a pan, heat some oil so it gives the pan a good covering at the bottom. When the oil is hot you can add you first round of prepared fingers. Cook on all sides until really golden.
These can be frozen after being cooked and reheated in the oven as well as being made earlier on the day needed and reheated in oven when ready.