This recipe is ideal for snacks or picnic food and totally versatile for the age of child. You can make big ones like this post shows or mini ones. I always make them when I make a puff pastry pie for dinner with any leftover pastry. Well, now I make sure there is left over pastry as these are such a hit in my work household….they are also SO easy to make!
You will need:
- Puff pastry
- Basil pesto (take a look at our homemade recipe)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180/190 degrees.
- Roll out your puff pastry. I normally buy the pre-rolled packet but incase you buy the block it needs to be about 5mm thick.
- Spread pesto in two lines across the pastry.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the two lines. My charges love parmesan so I’m always generous with this.
- Cut pastry into inch thick strips.
- Fold each strip over pressing the edges firmly together to seal.
- Egg wash all the pastry rolls.
- Put in the oven and bake until golden brown. This normally takes about 20-25mins.