I love making these as delicious snacks for my charges and because I stick to the ‘crisp’ name they think they are getting something more naughty than they actually are. Oh the small victories!
Anyway super simple to make (I say this, ignore the photo I put up later!) and with two ingredients, it couldn’t be better!
- Apples. I tend to use Braeburn apples.
You will need:
- Large baking tray
- Baking paper
- Finely slice apple(s) sideways. Find out what shapes apple have in their middle when sliced thinly like this…. This is definietely an adult job, these apples have got to be thin.
- Lay slices in a lined baking tray, and dust with cinnamon.
- Put in 180C oven and check every 15 mins. You are aiming to dry the slices out. Some corners will curl and darken-this is great. Flip them after three checks. If they are really darkening beforehand just turn them.
- They will be done in approximately 90mins. But do just check on them and if done before or after, do whatever action is necessary.
And they should appear like this…
Don’t forget about them, or cook in too high oven (e.g hottest oven on an Aga), as this happens…!!!