Egg shells with the very top taken off*
Cotton wool balls
- Stick the goggly eyes onto the eggs.
- Wet the cotton wool balls with water and squeeze out most of the excess water and place into the egg shells.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the top of the cotton wool.
- Leave in a place with natural sunlight.
- Check everyday that the cotton wool is still damp, add more water if it is drying out.
- The cress should start to grow after 3-4days and after 6-7days you can give your cress heads a hair cut and add your homegrown cress to your sandwiches!
*As you may have noticed, sadly one egg head did not survive the googly eye sticking process. #craftswithtoddlers #smashedegg